1. I am a preschool dropout. A girl in my preschool class sliced her hand on the monkey bars, so we were banned from playing on them...no monkey bars, no Carly.2. I don't have a middle name.
3. Every summer growing up Maeve would try to teach me how to do a cartwheel, I didn't get it until Junior High.
4. I tried out for cheerleader with a cartwheel- and I made it.
5. In a former life I was a fish; I love the water.
6. I met Oliver when I was 14 and I have always loved him.
7. I still have not gotten over the Elizabeth Smart incident and Emanuel is my worst nightmare. Immediately after it happened, I didn't sleep for 3 days straight and I made one of my parents sleep with me at all times...I think that I was 18 at the time.
8. I love being active and I love being sore the next day.
9. I feel really guilty after I eat a big meal, candy, or dessert...except for Gelato.
10. I didn't wear a bra until I was in 9th grade, I still don't need to wear one.
11. During puberty I was in denial about growing up, I didn't want to get older. When my mom and Maeve took me bra shopping for the first time I did not want a padded-bra; I thought they were repulsive. I started crying when Maeve said, "Carly -- There is a thing called RT." My mom got mad at Maeve for using such "vile" language.
12. I have a hard time staying up past 11pm
13. When I was dating I wouldn't go out with anyone a second time if they made the date too long, or if I got home past 1am. I hate it when people try to drag things out.
14. I really value personal time, and if I don't get it...I go temporarily insane.
15. I have only been homesick 3 times that I can remember: 2 times at summer ballet camp in Seattle and camping with my family in Havasupi.
16. I am not sure that I know what I want to be when I grow up.
17. I am OCD about money, saving, and our finances. I check our online banking 3 times per day.
18. I wish that I had started an IRA when I was in Jr. High.
19. I really like our customers at the race track, because they aren't judgemental and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met.
20. I am scared of buying our first home. I am convinced that the day we buy it everything will fall apart; then we will be poor and constantly doing yard work for the rest of our lives.
21. When I get into a song in the car, I scream the words and I pound the tops of my thighs like they are the drums.
22. One day I want to live up a canyon.
23. I love the smell of snow.
24. Sometimes Oliver laughs at the things I say and tells me that I am pessimistic, I think that I am realistic and logical.
25. Call me evil, but I hate hearing about Global Warming. Don't get me wrong we need to recycle and take care of mother earth, but about 15 years ago they were telling everyone that the earth was getting colder and that soon it would be a big ice ball...and now that ice ball is melting? I think we should worry more about Obesity.
26. I don't think that I am like any of my brothers or sisters...maybe my sisters.
27. Sometimes when I am feeling very passionate about something I raise my voice without knowing it, and I turn into my mother.
28. I have never done drugs or drank alcohol.
29. I truly love my in laws.
30. I don't like it when people live above their means, it makes me sad.
31. My dream car is a Karmann Ghia; we could probably get a good one for about $5,000.
32. I love Jackie O.
33. I love dogs, but I don't want one.
34. I prefer non-fiction to fiction.
35. I live for weekends; I don't understand why we have to work for 5 days and then only have 2 days off.
36. One of my favorite TV shows is "That's So Raven."
37. When I was 9 my parents gave me a filing cabinet for Christmas. We have it on tape and every time I watch it, I kind of get teary-eyed A.)from laughing B.)because it is so sad.
38. I have always been pretty good at making money and as a child I was an entrepreneur. I had a candy store in my playhouse - and there was always a line, I had a summer reading program in my basement for all of the neighborhood kids, I used to paint rocks and sell them to Mrs. Baldwin - she kept them on her mantle, and once I got my neighbor to buy one of those small green crates that strawberries come in. I don't know if my mom knows about this.
39. I check my email obsessively, but I never answer my phone.
40. Ever since the Turkin incident at Thanksgiving Pointe...I don't do birds. (Turkin= half chicken, half turkey)
41. I am pretty insensitive.
42. My first time skiing my edgy-wedgie got tangled around my mom's bindings, then she landed on top of me and couldn't get up... my dad sat at the bottom of the hill laughing while a stranger came and helped us. I didn't ski again for 9 years and then I started skiing nearly everyday.
43. I don't drink enough water
44. I don't care about clothes as much as I used to.
45. I have a massive case of Mac makeup, and I only use mascara.
46. I am not an expert on anything.
47. In the 8th grade my mom gave me the book REBECCA, by Daphne Dumaurier, and it is still one of my favorite books.
48. When I was little I sang the song "Gonna Be" (500 miles) by the Proclaimers for 8 hours straight, from SLC to West Yellowstone.
49. On the same trip I rode in the back dash window area the whole way there...we had 6 kids, 2 parents and a 5 seat sedan. On the way home Maeve made me lay on the floor and she put her feet on me, the entire way home.
50. I wish I thought more before I spoke.
51. Most reality TV shows make me feel better about myself, because I know that I can't possibly be as ridiculous as them.
52. I have no interest in being on TV.
53. Oliver says that I can pick up a new hobby, but I can't decide between painting or photography...I think I am leaning towards photography.
54. I only have one more semester left in my undergrad, and I plan on going to grad school...but I am terrified of grad school.
55. I have to be to work at 9am every morning, and I wake up at 8:45. On Saturdays I wake up naturally at 7am.
56. I am not good at keeping our apartment clean, and I don't remember the last time I cooked an entire meal.
57. My father would do anything for any of his children.
58. My only memory of Mia not married is when I was about 5, and she was changing into a turquoise bikini to go boating with Jason Beverage. She made me promise not to tell mom that she was wearing a bikini...and I kept that promise.
59. We have a family picture where we are all wearing denim shirts. My denim shirt had pearls all over it.
60. As a child I had 4 of the 5 American Dolls.
61. Oliver is naturally more intelligent than I am.
63. My mom taught me how to work.
64. When we were little my mom had summer school for me and all my siblings. She would make us march into the living room in a single file line holding a flag starting from the oldest to the youngest and then we would recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Afterwards, we would have to do our studies.
65. I didn't know that my family was weird until I got married.
66. I didn't know that my family was normal until I got married.
67. I have been to quite a few places, and I can't wait to travel more.
68. My family is fairly liberal and my in laws are ultra-conservative/republican...I don't know what I am.
69. I would rather go canoeing than boating.
70. My brothers used to put football pads on me, bungee-tie a mattress around me, and roll me down the stairs.
71. Ian broke my arm once, because he threw me off the deck.
72. I like the way my insides feel after I run.
73. My mom used to punish Maeve by making her take me everywhere she went, that way Maeve couldn't get in trouble - because her little sister was there. I went to my first High School Stomp at the age of 6.
74. I used to get a perm every summer, bangs included.
75. Sometimes I wonder if kids still look for Indian Clay in the playgrounds...or if they get splinters from the bark chips that now fill the big toys.
76. I dream of owning a dishwasher one day.
77. My dad bought me the first set of pogs that I ever owned from the toy store that used to be by Sam's Candy on 500 South in Bountiful. Shortly after I got them, they were banned from school because kids started gambling with them.
78. I danced for 14 years of my life and I was actually good.
79. I didn't know that we were poor when I was little, and by the time I was older we weren't.
80. I had a completely different childhood than any of my brothers and sisters.
81. When I was little my favorite foods were cauliflower and broccoli, and they are still up there.
82. On hot summer nights we sleep in our living room on the floor, because it is a lot cooler than our bedroom.
83. I am tone deaf.
84. I almost won the school spelling bee in the third grade, but I lost on the word "beautiful" - I spelled it B-E-U-T-I-F-U-L. I have not forgotten that "A" ever since.
85. I love it when I can make Oliver laugh.
86. I get cold sores on my eyes every June.
87. I spend way too much time on the internet
88. I love skiing alone, with my ipod, listening to Radiohead.
89. I am glad that I grew up in Utah, but I secretly hope that we will get to go on an adventure somewhere else soon.
90. I think that I would be happy living anywhere.
91. I dream of owning a ranch, wearing cowboy boots, and listening to Ryan Adams all day long.
92. I am terrified that I won't be a good mother.
93. I am not a fan of cats. When house-sitting Maeve and Brad's house last week there was this crazy cat that kept coming around and following me everywhere. It was driving me nuts...so I sprayed it with the hose full blast until Oliver started yelling at me. Yet it continued to follow me for the rest of the week.
94. One of my favorite things about my mom is that she has spunk.
95. I prefer cookies to cake, and ice cream to cookies.
96. I would rather eat leftovers than a fresh meal...I think the flavor is better.
97. There is nothing better than good bread with oil and vinegar.
98. I wish I was a better writer
99. I wish I was a more exciting aunt.
100. I can't believe that I made it to 100.
12 comments:
Whoa! I learned some intersting facts about my beautiful, unique daughter. I also learned some interesting facts about her mother!
Dude, you sprayed my cat with the hose full blast?
Not cool.
I loved it! I just have one question ... Ryan Adams??? Really?
Maeve, Ryan Adams is the ultimate cowboy...I can hear it now.... CCOOOLLLDDDD ROSEES.
I want your Mac! Bring it tomorrow!
I am in tears laughing over several things...
- Mia in the bikini!!! Sneaky, sneaky Mia!!!
- I can't believe that Maeve used you to put her feet on in the car! She is crazy... that is why we get along so well!
- WHY in the world did Big Mike and Bethers give you a filing cabinet? Did they need one for them?
- I can just picture the denim shirt with the pearls!
- I had NO IDEA about the summer school thing where Beth would make you march w/ a flag! I am so glad that I was never there in the summers. Painting the deck was bad enough!
- I LOVE Beth's spunk too!! :)
I love that you did this. It reminded me of things I forgot I knew about you.
OK, once and for all I need to tell the REAL story of the filing cabinet! Carly was 12....way too old for a Barbie vehicle. All of her brothers and sisters had been given filing cabinets one Christmas by Glo. I thought she needed one, too. It was pink. Besides, we didn't have much money or furniture at the time.
ummm...it was white, sorry momo!
Wow Car it is possible that this is my favorite blog post of yours yet. I love it I am laughing so hard.
K, these are hilarious I love it! I'm glad I got to know 100 things about you.
Car You crack me up!!! We are so lucky to have you a part of our family! I'll remember your fondness for filing cabinets when I draw your name on christmas!!! I learned some things I never would have known about you, and btw, your will be a wonderful mother. I think my girls wish you were their mom half the time!
Post a Comment