Yesterday Oliver was talking on the phone with his mom {his parents have been out of town this entire month, so they were catching up}. He was downstairs, but he was talking loud enough that I could hear his half of the conversation very clearly from the inside of our apartment upstairs {really this is just a good excuse for eavesdropping}. He was discussing all of our upcoming plans, dreams, maybes, educational goals, internships, and adventures with Sherry. These are things that Oliver and I talk about on a daily basis, but as I was listening to him I realized A.) how completely crazy we are to even consider some of our dreams, and B.) how incredibly lucky we are to have so many options and everything within grasp. I am very thankful for not only everything that we have, but also for the many windows that open up to us on a daily basis. We are so lucky to have so much support from both of our parents, siblings, friends, fellow ward mates, professors, and colleagues.
Oliver's dad once said something to us that I am pretty sure I will remember all of my life. In our quest to be an independent married couple, he simply said to us "everyone is dependent on someone." I know that in 50 years when we look back at our life milestones, we will know that our work and decisions had very little to do with our own success, but rather we will be thinking of all of the wonderful people who helped us along the way.
Thank you for all that you do. We hope that everyone has a warm and wonderful holiday, Happy Thanksgiving.
Oliver's dad once said something to us that I am pretty sure I will remember all of my life. In our quest to be an independent married couple, he simply said to us "everyone is dependent on someone." I know that in 50 years when we look back at our life milestones, we will know that our work and decisions had very little to do with our own success, but rather we will be thinking of all of the wonderful people who helped us along the way.
Thank you for all that you do. We hope that everyone has a warm and wonderful holiday, Happy Thanksgiving.
3 comments:
I am thankful for you and Oliver. I can't believe the contrast I saw one night when I left you two at our house. You were studying hard, organizing your life, and being such wonderful kids. Then I went to the Davis County Correctional Facility where I volunteer and I couldn't believe the difference. So many of the inmates are disfunctional and messed up....but some of them are really trying and are reaching out to God.
I am glad that Oliver and I aren't as dysfunctional as the inmates.
I am thankful for you two! What an awesome aunt and uncle to take the kids rock climbing and then have a sleep over! The kids have such fun memories with you two! Love you!
Post a Comment