1.16.2008

Bienvenidos a Ecuador

I took 600 photos today, it was that good of a day. We went to 3 of the 16 villages that we will be working in and met the people. The culture is amazing, and the children in the villages are the best. The children were in lust with the camera, all of them wanted their picture taken and at one point I got trampled. They followed us around all day hanging on to our shirts and saying "how arrre oooo?" It was quite the treat, and Oliver is in heaven...he keeps on thanking me for coming to Ecuador with him. Please note that as my Spanish improves, I can feel my English skills taking a rapid decline. So if my posts are jumbled, it is probably a good thing.

10 comments:

Ty said...

Wow, that is so amazing. 600 photos is definitely more photos than I have taken in my entire life.

Bethers said...

This is a wonderful photo! It must be very amazing to be completely immersed in the culture. I can just picture you and Oliver and all the children. We love you both.

The Back Row Pew said...

What a darling picture of that little child. One question....Do you have toilet paper? I hope so !! I love the stories about your shopping and how you had to fake your excitement. Keep the posts coming.

Carly said...

Don't worry jewels...we have plenty of toilet paper, but unfortunately I haven't seen many good deserts. I guess I can't stay on the suggested coke and desert diet, bummer.

Brad K. said...

More of that please.

Maeve said...

Photo looks great. Keep up the posts. So interesting. I can totally see Oliver loving every minute. -Maeve

Ali said...

Photo is amaze! You are going to have to do a coffee table book when you get home!

Jewels is always worried about hygiene!

~Cmac~ said...

That photo is beautiful. More please!

Mama Mia said...

So cute! I love that Oliver is in heaven! Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!

Lindsey said...

That is sooooooo awesome!! All of it!! You guys are going to have such a great time there. I am excited for you.

Linny