This week for our weekly excursion, and in celebration of my birthday, we went to the small hippie/touristy town of Banos. Banos is located directly at the base of Volcan Tunguraghua {you know, the one that is errupting right now} and it is a fun little town with a lot to offer including AMAZING food. I had the best meal of my life {thank you Swiss Man for relocating to Ecuador} and it only cost $2. All I have to say is that this weekend I have never been so thankful for globalization {keep in mind this is coming from a girl who has only eaten rice a potatoes for 2 months}.
Our weekend basically consisted of wandering around the city, hiking to waterfalls, going to the Zoo, and eating, but we did add another rare element...we actually relaxed. It was great. We stayed at a really neat Inn and enjoyed the artsy ambiance. I didn't take too many photos because I was too busy eating and sleeping, but here are a couple.
Our weekend basically consisted of wandering around the city, hiking to waterfalls, going to the Zoo, and eating, but we did add another rare element...we actually relaxed. It was great. We stayed at a really neat Inn and enjoyed the artsy ambiance. I didn't take too many photos because I was too busy eating and sleeping, but here are a couple.
At the Zoo:
6 comments:
This sounds wonderful. Love the pics. It sounds like you guys are really seeing and experiencing everything!
Beautiful pictures. I hope you are going to Gotta Scrap '08 to scrapbook all of these. They are sensationnel (kind of like Telefrancais)!
Yeah I am glad you found some good food!
That monkey with his lip curled on the cage might be the cutest thing I've seen today.
P.S. feliz cumpleanos!!! I hope you're loving your fun adventures in Ecuador! I'm jealous!
I love that Monkey Face!
did those big things bother you guys?
no linny. they didn't even bother to look up, they were funny.
Post a Comment