After a good nights rest at The Cliff, we woke up at 5am, packed our energy bars, and hit the trail. Here is our day in photos:
We started in the Albion Basin {Alta}, and we were greeted by two moose and fields of wild flowers {we have a history of seeing moose here}. At one point I was convinced that the moose were hot on our trail, and I ran for my life. This is above Cecret Lake.
Peak No. 2: Hidden Peak; 11,000 ft. Please note that Oliver was wearing a smile this big the entire day. Peaks 1 & 2 were tame, we got over-confident and thought we were cool...and then...

...we happened upon this. You can't really tell from this picture, but on either side of these rocks is a 2,000 ft. drop. It was roughly a 1000 ft traverse {photo was taken by Oliver from above, we are traversing straight across}. Oliver pranced across it in 3 seconds, while the rest of us white knuckled it in about 30 minutes. I believe at this point Sher said, "Did you decide that 23 years was long enough to wait for your inheritance?"... while Spencer said, "What in the Hell am I doing here?"...and I said "I honestly think there is a possibility of me dying right now."


Here is American Fork Twin Peak {the first one} from across the way. The hike to American Fork Twin Peak {the second one wasn't bad}.
Coming up the second American Fork Twin Peak.
Peak No. 4: American Fork Twin Peaks {the second one}; 11,489 ft.
17 comments:
Happy Birthday Oliver (I can't believe your still so young---to be 23 again!)
Amazing shots by the way :)
Haha I love photo of everyone risking their lives. I wish I could have listened in to that conversation. Happy Birthday, Oliver!
Carly you win the "BEST WIFE" award. Risking your life is a lot to ask especially for the 23rd birthday... maybe the 40th;) Great pictures.
I am still in awe that you did this! The pictures are amazing and it was fun to hear all about the trip! Happy Birthday Olie!
Looks intense. Good for you! And to answer your milk question, I am not excluding milk from my diet for health reasons really, it just keeps me from eating cereal for every meal which is a good thing. I am obsessed with carbs. Therefore, no milk in the house. :)
I am so impressed that Spencer and Sherri did this! Only Oliver would beg for this adventure on his birthday. That's why we love him.
You are a good wife! And you guys took some incredible pictures.
Hey Car, I shot those pictures in Lehi, UT. I wish Cali had some open space like that. I just drove around Lehi while I was home visiting and they had some in creditable places.
You guys are crazy...awesome photos too. Happy B-day Ozz!
Yikes Carly!!! You are definitely not a ninny! That looks quite scary actually!
How can your pictures be so gorgeous!
I have got to say one of the coolest hikes I have done and one of the coolest B-Days. My parents and Wife are troopers!
I am in awe. Crazy...At the same time I am looking at the picture of you on the cliff wondering what you guys were thinking, you mentioned your father in law said the same thing. Very, Very impressive.
Happy Birthday Oliver! And Carly - your photos are amazing. What a cool hike.
You guys are the best and Happy Birthday to Oliver. How can you help but just love him!? He is so funny.
What a great birthday Oliver !! Happy 24th...the fireworks are for you !! Beautiful pictures, gorgeous day and an adventurous sweaty hike...perfect
What an awesome Birthday request! Looks like you guys had a blast! :)
Post a Comment