8.14.2009

Summer Date Nights in Ogden

I have a secret love for Ogden. I know what everyone is thinking --> Ogden = risking your life, your vehicle, and your virtue, but we all have flaws people and this is one of my many. I think that Ogden City could be absolutely amazing with a little TLC (and the displacement of thousands - I am not saying it is right, I am just saying that is what it would take).

So in an effort to show my love and appreciation for Ogden we usually head up North to cast our economic votes. Our date nights generally involve dinner on 25th Street (at Tona, Bistro, or Shin Sei), or if Oliver has his way Lee's Mongolian BBQ. But no matter where we go we always follow it up by sharing our favorite, Farr's Black Licorice Ice Cream...divine.


10 comments:

Maeve said...

Yummy! I want to try that flavor of ice cream. Maybe we will come up one night.

Stephanie said...

It's ok, Car! I have a secret love for Ogden, too. :)

spenceandcass said...

ha ha..... you're funny.

Marci + Dan said...

I tried this ice-cream while in Utah - amazing. Who knew it would be so good.

And it was so lovely to see you.

Witter and Kway said...

I'm with ya about the whole Ogden thing! Next time you are up here though you need to stop by!!

cat.janer said...

I can't and won't imagine what could be good about that iced cream. Sick, Carly. I can't wait for our adventure next week.

Molly said...

You mean you didn't go to Uncle Leo's. I recently made Randy take me to my childhood restaurant...he said it was the worst 20.00 he had ever spent! Glad you have found some better finds...nothing beats farr's

Macy said...

Carly, I loved this post. I sort have that same liking for Ogden for some strange reason. I no it is really unappealing in some ways, but I think it has such potential, but I am so with you on having to get rid of most of the peeps that live there.

I love Farrs Ice cream, and that licorice flavor is a favorite of the Pews too. I love my trips with Glo up there for uncle leos and farrs. We should plan a girl trip up there with Glo.

cat.janer said...

Are you freaked out that I'm going to start stalking Chef Milet? It will make me feel like we did that bake-a-thon we always wanted to do but didn't.

Amby said...

Love that you love the black licorice ice cream too! I finally found a place in CA that makes it . . . totally worth the 40 min drive and black tongue :)