7.30.2008

Camera Bag

I have been getting a lot of questions about my photo equipment lately, so in case I never answered your question, here is what is in my camera bag:



This is my bag, Lowe Pro Orion Trekker II. It is good for hiking, traveling, and chasing my husband around. Brad, the real photographer in the family, has one too. Oliver got them for us from his store {he owns a small outdoor retail business}. He can get killer deals on anything outdoors...and I am not just saying this because he is my husband, they are great deals.


Nikon D80 - I love my camera. It was a great model for me to begin with. After doing a lot of research, I chose it because it seemed like the most bang for the buck, and I have been really satisfied. It takes sharp photos, you can use different lenses, and the colors rock. I am still learning, and I think that I will shoot with this camera for a long time {not to say that I haven't already started coveting more professional models...but they aren't necessary for my level}.




Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 Lens - I am still getting the hang of this lens {sometimes it seems a bit finicky}, but it has been fun for portraits and close ups. It is inexpensive and great for experimenting with depth of field.





Nikkor AF-S DX 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 - This is the lens that I took most {if not all} of my Ecuador photos with. It came with my camera, it has a good range, and it has been a great 'all around' lens.





...and the newest member to my photo hobby is...


Photoshop CS3 - I got it yesterday, so if you don't see me for a while it is because I am trying to figure everything out.

Which camera do you have? And, are you in love?

10 comments:

Kristy and Dave said...

Reading your blog makes me realize how badly I need a hobby.

spenceandcass said...

I want it! How can I get it too? Do you want to come over? We could figure it out together.

christine said...

oooooooooo, thanks so much for this!!

Molly said...

I had been wondering. Thanks...you really are a fabulous photographer. Had you not been using in Photo editing programs before because you photos are incredibly sharp and colorful!

Maeve said...

Did you get the entire creative suite or just photoshop?

Lacey Jay said...

I have the Canon 30D and YES I'm in LOVE! I think canon and nikon are both awsome camera's! Yay, you got CS3 that's what I use. It's such an amazing program and yes, you'll be locked away trying to figure things out for a while. I've had it for 8 months and am still exploring. If you get stuck maybe I can help... maybe:D Have fun-

Bethers said...

I love having children who are expert photographers....we all benefit. Hey, make me a CD of the reunion photos!

Monica said...

This really helps me decide what camera we'll purchase in the near future! I really want to take some classes around here, but they are so expensive. I might just have to become your student Carly!

Heidi Louise said...

Carly... how would I go about looking at what Oliver has available for his little business?

I have sucked at being your blog friend. It's been a while and as usual, you have been up to a lot. Looks like you are still having fun as usual.

What are you up to these days? I think you are friends with my soon to be sister in law, Holly Brown.

g.lock said...

what a set-up! i have a D70s and am also in love. haven't used it much yet, but i went to springville yesterday and shot over 80 pictures, check back for some of them this week.