1.31.2009

January Recap.

The new year is fully underway, and so are we. Here is a little snippet of what my month has consisted of:

Books Read:
The Holy Temple by Boyd K. Packer {wonderful}
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel {fantastic}
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd {overrated}
Believing Christ by Stephen E. Robinson {amazing & uplifting}
.
Classes Taken:
Baking Whole Wheat Bread by the Bread Elitist at Gregory's.
PYP - Coupons by The Standard Examiner.

Resorts Skied:
Snowbird
Powder Mountain
Solitude

Events:
Random back surgery to remove "weird thing" {it is benign, whew!} - thank you flex spending.

{I promise I am not bald, it is just a very unflattering headpiece}


While in the hospital changing into my gown, I tripped on the bed on wheels {which sent the bed on wheels through the curtain} and nearly flopped out into the main area completely nude {Oliver has never laughed so hard in his entire life-this is why it made the event list-I honestly thought he was going to have a heartattack}.

Successfully went one month without stepping into a grocery store.

Paid off our car {hence one month without groceries}.

Pregnant photos of Holly, I think we got some cute ones.

We went to the annual OR Show {pro-deals anyone?}

Megs took out her endowments, and then Bass & Megs got sealed in the Bountiful Temple {congrats, it was amazing}.


Oliver started a very part-time night job tutoring at Sylvan Learning Center...as a former Sylvan Grad, he is extremely excited about this.


15 comments:

Marci + Dan said...

Back surgery? Whoa. So glad you're a-ok.

I want to learn how to bake bread. Come visit NYC and teach me. Please.

Stephanie said...

Wow! Busy month! That's awesome that Bass and Meg were sealed . . . :D That makes me HAPPY!!!

jodie rae said...

I'm a little upset I didn't make the events list... haha At least the coupon class did! Just kidding. PS I agree about The Secret Life of Bees.

Maeve said...

Why haven't you told me about the tripping story. I want a detailed re-cap next time I see you.

The Back Row Pew said...

Back Surgery !!! I probably didn't know because of the Glo Protection Plan. So cute to see you sitting so perky on the Gurney!

The Back Row Pew said...

Back Surgery !!! I probably didn't know because of the Glo Protection Plan. So cute to see you sitting so perky on the Gurney!

Candice said...

I just loved those pictures of Holly. You have a real talent.

MegBass said...

Hey Car! Thanks for taking pictures at our sealing, how did the others turn out? I can't believe I never heard about the tripping incident, thought Oz would be all over that one! So glad it was benign!!

spenceandcass said...

Hmmm ...wish I could have seen your embarrassing moment at the hospital! I am laughing just thinking about it. Don't worry, I have tripped over many hospital beds. It could happen to anyone.

Ju and Brack said...

That's a funny story. Glad you had an eventful January. I'm quite jealous you made it one month without going to the grocery store. Now the question is...I want to do the PYP coupon class, where do I go to do it? I'm serious too, I look at PYP all the time but need a class to get help with couponing.

Molly said...

Didn't know you had surgery. Glad you are doing ok. I would have to reverse a couple of those book opinions...Secret life of bees is so amazing and uplifting

Lindsey said...

haha.. that is funny that would have been awful Carly. I love the book Believing Christ it's very well written and gets right to the point. Explains everything so clearly.

Jenny H said...

Will you please teach me your secrets of thriftiness???
I am jealous of all your debt paying off stuff.
(and ps...I truly missed you guys last Sunday as well...plus, I ended up doing a crapload of cooking and cleaning!! Beth's for sure next year!)

Ty and Holly said...

I can totally visualize the trip scene. So funny. Love the gown photo too.

The Funderburks said...

Send me your tips for not going to the grocery store for a whole month! I have a love hate relationship with going to the grocery store - love buying all that yummy food and hate paying for it.