3.17.2010

Morocco.


We took a ferry from Tarifa, Spain to Tangier, Morocco. It was quite the place, unlike any other I have ever seen. I am sure that other areas of Morocco are incredible, but 1 time in Tangier is enough for me.







We walked around the "old town," ate Moroccan food, saw an awkward Moroccan belly dance, got stuck in a rug shop, sniffed black cumin, saw camels, went to Yves Saint Laurent's house (although I am still doubting that he lived there), and got mobbed by street vendors.

...and Ty nearly died on the ferry over...it is a hilarious story...involving him and Oliver switching clothes in public... but you can ask him about it. It definitely won the "Best Trip Story" award.






7 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks amazing and you really need to have some sort of photo work shop for dummies because I have a great camera and I don't have a clue how to take pictures like that.

Maeve said...

Wait you got mugged? Tell me more. Did you buy any of those spices?

Candice said...

I can't wait to see and hear more about this trip. It sounds fabulous.
You really take the best pictures.

spenceandcass said...

Great pics Car!

Kristy and Dave said...

Can I pretty much let you know how jealous I am! I love Andalucia and would do anything to live there again some day. I never got to make it to Ceuta (it got shut down after 9/11) but I did live a few months in Granada and that city is by far my favorite. Sevilla and Malaga are also amazing. Hope you enjoyed it.

Dave T.

Marci Joy said...

Gorgeous photos.

Waltman said...

Those pictures are amazing! You need to post more. What a wonderful trip.