6.06.2010

Denver.



We've been craving road trips lately, so on Memorial Day Weekend we packed the car and headed to Colorado. Ty came along and we picked Holly & Liv up at the airport.

The first day we rented bikes and cruised all over the city. They have the most amazing bike paths everywhere.




Some stops we made:



REI flagship store, where they had bouldering right outside. Oliver was in heaven.

We ate at Masterpiece Delicatessen.





Rode down 16th Street Mall.



Rode past the Mint and the Mile High State Capitol.






Then Oliver and I went to the Botanical Gardens to see the Henry Moore exhibit. It was really neat.

That evening we went to a Rockies game at Coors Stadium.






Liv ate popcorn.


Oz ate a hot dog.


The next day we went to Boulder. It was a really pretty mini city.



Oz found a hat...and a hippie.


I found a falafel stand.

That afternoon we headed up to Estes Park. It is basically a Park City, minus the skiing, in the middle of Rocky Mountain National Park.









On the way out of town on Memorial Day we stopped in Boulder Canyon so that Oz could do some climbing.




I thought Colorado was a great place and we are definitely looking forward to going back.

3 comments:

Kade & Jess said...

I love denver! I also wish I could hang out with you all the time. I have a good time just pretending I go places with you!

spenceandcass said...

Looks like a great place to visit. Glad you had fun!

Molly said...

Looks like a really cool city...
I have never been there but always wondered what it was like. way to be spontaneous